[Freeswitch-users] SoftIVR.com

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Sat Oct 11 14:14:45 PDT 2008

Hi -

I'm after some alpha testers of a very alpha product.  SoftIVR is
something we've
been putting together for a little while - it's a hosted IVR, using
FreeSWITCH for
its back end.

A very quick rundown of what it does and how it does it:
- each user can have one or more virtual IVRs;
- each IVR can have a set of files (prompts), services, numbers,
registered SIP
devices ("extensions") and things that it registers with ("gateways")
- services are written in Javascript - not executed by FreeSWITCH's
mod_spidermonkey,
but outside FS; the interpreter extends JS with a collection of extra
functions (answer(),
hangup(), play(), playtone(), record(), conference()..) to control
call flow
- services are linked to numbers which folk call
- it has a simple script debugger (tracing, log output) which runs in
the browser

If you're interested, please drop me a note either on- or off-list
with a quick outline
of the application(s) you'd like to build.  We're going to be writing
documentation
and tutorials over the next few days; I'll send you an invite code
when there's enough
of that done to allow you to implement your application.

There's a brief screen capture video with commentary available from
http://www.softivr.com/softivr.mov to give you a quick flavour of what
it's all about.

Cheers --

Dave