[Freeswitch-users] Originating to local extensions and mod_loopback

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 10:15:03 PST 2008

If you either name the profile the same as the domain or set the domain=
attr in the profile to the domain
it will do what you want.

<profile name="example.com">

or

<profile name="default" domain="example.com">

when you say
"I've tried building newer versions with no luck."
do you mean no luck building ?

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Martin <martin.cole at iscanetworks.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking for a way to originate a call out to a local extension
> without specifying the domain. The originate is performed by a separate
> program via event socket and hence has no access to the ${domain} variable.
>
> In previous releases I'm sure you were able to simply do: originate
> sofia/internal/1000. In more up-to-date releases, only originate
> user/1000 at domain seems to do the trick.
>
> I thought I'd found the answer in mod_loopback, originating to
> loopback/1000 works but this causes more problems than it solves in that the
> jitter in the audio of the resultant call is unacceptable on most of the
> machines I've tested on. - Centos 5.2 on at least a P4 with > 1 gig of RAM.
> I'm testing primarily on svn trunk 10248 - I've tried building newer
> versions with no luck.
>
> If there's no reliable way of doing this, I'll find a way to synchronise
> the domain variable with my program via external means, thought I'd ask
> first in case I'm missing something simple.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Cole