[Freeswitch-users] another switch_ivr_set_user() can't find user

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Wed Dec 24 14:05:26 PST 2008

On Dec 24, 2008, at 3:31 PM, John Wehle wrote:

>>> a) Should sip_auth_realm be set by FreeSWITCH to the value
>>> associated
>>>    with force-register-domain
>>
>> You have to remember the default assumes a lot.  You go to changing
>> things you have to then change the way things are assumed.
>
> I appreciate that.  Let me ask the question slightly differently.
>
> sofia_reg_parse_auth contains the following logic:
>
>  if (!switch_strlen_zero(profile->reg_domain)) {
>          domain_name = profile->reg_domain;
>  } else {
>          domain_name = realm;
>  }
>
> where profile->reg_domain is set from force-register-domain.
> It then calls switch_xml_locate_user using domain_name.
> It looks like force-register-domain is intended to make
> FreeSWITCH believe that the user is in domain specified by
> force-register-domain.

Yes that is exactly what that option does. see also force-register-db-
domain

> Later there's:
>
>  switch_event_add_header_string(*v_event, SWITCH_STACK_BOTTOM,
>    "sip_auth_realm", realm);
>  switch_event_add_header_string(*v_event, SWITCH_STACK_BOTTOM,
>    "domain_name", realm);

This looks like a typo.

> And ideally shouldn't the rest of FreeSWITCH (including examples
> intended to get you started) work in the same fashion for consistency
> sake (i.e. when trying to locate a user reference the domain used by
> sofia_reg_parse_auth to locate the user instead of blindly using
> sip_auth_realm)?

I see it the examples are rather consistent consider its SIP
centric.   Can you provide more detail?  In FreeSWITCH for the sake of
sanity the auth_realm is the domain name...

> My thought is if sofia_reg_parse_auth set things up properly,
> then the rest of FreeSWITCH shouldn't know or even care that
> force-register-domain is in use ... it should be as if the
> VoIP phone had in fact registered using the domain specified
> by force-register-domain.

see force-register-db-domain I think that solves the problem you're
talking about.

/b