[Freeswitch-users] another switch_ivr_set_user() can't find user

John Wehle john at feith.com
Wed Dec 24 13:31:45 PST 2008

>>  a) Should sip_auth_realm be set by FreeSWITCH to the value associated
>>     with force-register-domain
>
> You have to remember the default assumes a lot.  You go to changing
> things you have to then change the way things are assumed.

I appreciate that.  Let me ask the question slightly differently.

sofia_reg_parse_auth contains the following logic:

  if (!switch_strlen_zero(profile->reg_domain)) {
          domain_name = profile->reg_domain;
  } else {
          domain_name = realm;
  }

where profile->reg_domain is set from force-register-domain.
It then calls switch_xml_locate_user using domain_name.
It looks like force-register-domain is intended to make
FreeSWITCH believe that the user is in domain specified by
force-register-domain.

Later there's:

  switch_event_add_header_string(*v_event, SWITCH_STACK_BOTTOM,
    "sip_auth_realm", realm);
  switch_event_add_header_string(*v_event, SWITCH_STACK_BOTTOM,
    "domain_name", realm);

Shouldn't the add_header for domain_name contain the value for
the actual domain used to locate the user?

And ideally shouldn't the rest of FreeSWITCH (including examples
intended to get you started) work in the same fashion for consistency
sake (i.e. when trying to locate a user reference the domain used by
sofia_reg_parse_auth to locate the user instead of blindly using
sip_auth_realm)?

My thought is if sofia_reg_parse_auth set things up properly,
then the rest of FreeSWITCH shouldn't know or even care that
force-register-domain is in use ... it should be as if the
VoIP phone had in fact registered using the domain specified
by force-register-domain.

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john at feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |