[Freeswitch-users] another switch_ivr_set_user() can't find user

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 08:06:03 PST 2008

If anything should be changed it's to add an additional
actual_register_domain header in the cases when it's being forced but it's
not completely necessary.

Typical example is when a client is using the ip address in the domain field
and you want to force it
to point at the domain name in your registry.

The point of the param is to ignore the real domain supplied in the client
and normalize all registrations to a certian domain in your db.
if you want to call registered users with this mode of operation you also
need the force-register-db-domain
which takes it a step further and writes the forced domain into the
registration db so when you try to call user/<id>@<domain>
it will find it.

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 3:31 PM, John Wehle <john at feith.com> wrote:

> >>  a) Should sip_auth_realm be set by FreeSWITCH to the value associated
> >>     with force-register-domain
> >
> > You have to remember the default assumes a lot.  You go to changing
> > things you have to then change the way things are assumed.
>
> I appreciate that.  Let me ask the question slightly differently.
>
> sofia_reg_parse_auth contains the following logic:
>
>  if (!switch_strlen_zero(profile->reg_domain)) {
>          domain_name = profile->reg_domain;
>  } else {
>          domain_name = realm;
>  }
>
> where profile->reg_domain is set from force-register-domain.
> It then calls switch_xml_locate_user using domain_name.
> It looks like force-register-domain is intended to make
> FreeSWITCH believe that the user is in domain specified by
> force-register-domain.
>
> Later there's:
>
>  switch_event_add_header_string(*v_event, SWITCH_STACK_BOTTOM,
>    "sip_auth_realm", realm);
>  switch_event_add_header_string(*v_event, SWITCH_STACK_BOTTOM,
>    "domain_name", realm);
>
> Shouldn't the add_header for domain_name contain the value for
> the actual domain used to locate the user?
>
> And ideally shouldn't the rest of FreeSWITCH (including examples
> intended to get you started) work in the same fashion for consistency
> sake (i.e. when trying to locate a user reference the domain used by
> sofia_reg_parse_auth to locate the user instead of blindly using
> sip_auth_realm)?
>
> My thought is if sofia_reg_parse_auth set things up properly,
> then the rest of FreeSWITCH shouldn't know or even care that
> force-register-domain is in use ... it should be as if the
> VoIP phone had in fact registered using the domain specified
> by force-register-domain.
>
> -- John

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/