[Freeswitch-users] One question.

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Mon Jul 16 12:34:36 PDT 2007

On Jul 16, 2007, at 12:25 PM, Cesar Cepeda wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
> I'm starting with Freeswitch and I have a question.  I want to make
> a dialer
> based on Freeswitch, the functionality will be like this:
>
> * An agent calls Freeswitch, let's say to extension 111 and logs in
> (via a
> js script)

Better off using a conference

> * After he(she) logs it should be put on hold (listening to music or
> whatever) to wait for an available call

Same use a conference.

> * In the meantime, Freeswitch starts to dial numbers,

FreeSWITCH doesn't do any thinking for you.. Your application will be
doing the work and freeswitch will do what its told.

> * As soon as it has a connected call it should unhold an agent and
> bridge
> the connected call to the agents call.

Drop in conf.. music stops.

> * When the call is finished, the agent should be put on hold once
> again
> without hanging up the call.

Caller exits usercount goes to 1.. music should start again.
(trixter isn't this in trunk?_

> I will be controlling Freeswith (originating calls, bridging, etc)
> using the
> event_socket interface

Good idea.

> My question is:  What is the best way to do the holding-unholding
> of the
> agents?

Don't over think the process.  ;)

Hopefully this helps you.  By using a conference you can have
supervisors listen in and or coach an agent in such a way that the
agent will hear the supervisor but the customer can't hear the
supervisor.

/b