[Freeswitch-users] dial-n-play event socket script

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 13:38:18 PST 2007

the attached script relies on a slightly modified freeswitch::client
that does a
readhash before get_events, and the general custom-event-complete event
that Anthony added yesterday (freeswitch SVN rev 4328 or later)

it takes two command line arguments, a sip url and a file name, and originates
a call to the url and plays the file, then hangs up.

The motivating use case for this work is, if you have an "intercom extension" to
your desk phone, you can install freeswitch instead of configuring ARTs, and
get beeps and boops from applications running on remote machines from your
phone instead of from your computer speaker by invoking dialnplay in, for
instance, the gaim sounds configuration.

Enjoy!

--
"I've never been elected dog-catcher and I've never had an employee."
-- Bruce Sterling