[Freeswitch-dev] INFO: Update on Mikey's OpenZAP experimenting

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Sun Nov 4 03:27:34 EST 2007

Let me preface this email by saying, "I am a *RETARD*"!!!

I didn't read my own friggin' configs.  After some researching I figured
out that I had my spans 3 and 4 flip-flopped in the openzap
configuration.  The actual configuration of my systems is as follows:

FS Box                  Asterisk Box

Span 1 <--+ T1          Span 1 N/C

          | X-Over

Span 2 <--+ Cable      Span 2 N/C

Span 3 <--T1 X-over--> Span 3 (PRI, DMS, Asterisk = pri_net)

Span 4 <--T1 X-over--> Span 4 (??? - possible PRI)

To make a long story short, my first email was stupid.  I was trying to
make my span 4 be a PRI when the zaptel was configured as plain-Jane T1
w/ fxsks signaling and then talking to who knows what on the * side (my
LAN conn is still down so I honestly don't know what's up on that span,
although when I configured span 4 to be clear channel I did receive
goofy ring signals on channel 24 which suggests some sort of PRI on the
* side, so I've got a temp PRI setup on span 4 right now...).  I
configured span 3 to be PRI and I got all sorts of cool and interesting
D-channel messages.  My modified configs are below, including my
zaptel.conf, which I should have looked at first! (kicking myself in the
head...)  Also, I believe my conclusion about the span id settings in
openzap.conf.xml is probably wrong as well.  I set up only span 3 for
testing and left it with <span id="3"> when it was the only one
configured in XML and it came up like a champ.

Thanks for your patience.  I'll keep testing and report back with more
information and better researched questions in a few days.

-MC

/etc/zaptel.conf:

## Test FreeSWITCH/OpenZAP config

span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs # FS back-to-back "Network"

fxoks=1-24

span=2,1,0,esf,b8zs # FS back-to-back "CPE"

fxsks=25-48

span=3,1,0,esf,b8zs # Asterisk back-to-back PRI (I am CPE)

bchan=49-71

dchan=72

span=4,1,0,esf,b8zs # Asterisk back-to-back PRI (I am CPE)

bchan=73-95

dchan=96

# Global data

loadzone        = us

defaultzone     = us

/etc/openzap/openzap.conf:

[span zt]

name => OpenZAP

number => 1

trunk_type => t1

b-channel => 1-24

[span zt]

name => OpenZAP

number => 2

trunk_type => t1

b-channel => 25-48

[span zt]

name => OpenZAP

number => 3

trunk_type => t1

b-channel => 49-71

d-channel => 72

[span zt]

name => OpenZAP

number => 4

trunk_type => t1

b-channel => 73-95

d-channel => 96

openzap.conf.xml:

<configuration name="openzap.conf" description="OpenZAP Configuration">

   <settings>

     <param name="debug" value="1"/>

   </settings>

   <analog_spans>