[Freeswitch-dev] INFO: Update on Mikey's OpenZAP experimenting

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Sun Nov 4 01:32:19 EST 2007

FYI,

I have been working with MikeJ on a few OpenZAP issues.  The good news
is that I've figured out what setting in my openzap.conf.xml was
triggering the seg fault on startup.  It is probably an easy fix to
zap_isdn.c or thereabouts.  The issue is with how many spans of each
type I have and what ID I give them.  I have a four-port card so I
initially had this:

   <analog_spans>

   </analog_spans>

   <pri_spans>

   </pri_spans>

It turns out putting the first PRI span as id="4" made zap_isdn.c barf.
I changed it to id="1" and the system came right up.

I don't have physical access to the machine at this point so all I can
do now is report to you where I stand, and what I'm doing.  First off my
physical config:

FS Box            Asterisk Box

Span 1 <--+       Span 1 N/C

Span 2 <--+       Span 2 N/C

Span 3 <--------> Span 3

Span 4 <--------> Span 4 (PRI, DMS, Asterisk = pri_net)

I have spans 1,2 back-to-back w/ x-over T1 cable.  Ideally one span
would be FXS and the other FXO, however I couldn't get the spans to come
up unless I specified the channels as all b-channels in
/etc/openzap/openzap.conf.

Span 3 on FS is connected to Span 3 on the Asterisk box.  I don't recall
exactly what I have * setup as, but I think it's FXS.  (I lost my LAN
connectivity to the box, so I won't know until Monday when I get in to
the office.)

Span 4 on FS is connected to Span 4 on the Asterisk box.  I've got * set
up to emulate the telco, so it is signaling as pri_net.  On Friday I was
getting ISDN Q931 errors, which is good and bad.  Bad cuz it's not
working but good cuz at least I know the D channels are talking.
However, I can't get anything going this weekend.  (I think I've got a
network or hardware issue on my * box.)

For reference, all the B channels seem to come up.  The only issue I
have is getting the D channel on the PRI span to come up.  I'm getting
this output:

2007-11-03 23:28:44 [DEBUG] zap_io.c:1777 load_config() span 4
[d-channel]=[96]

2007-11-03 23:28:44 [ERR] zap_zt.c:162 zt_open_range() failure
configuring device /dev/zap/channel as OpenZAP device 4:24 fd:113

2007-11-03 23:28:44 [INFO] zap_io.c:1848 load_config() Configured 95
channel(s)

I'm attaching the openzap.conf and openzap.conf.xml contents at the end
of this email.  If you have any suggestions on things you'd like to see
me try then by all means let me know.

Thanks,
MC

/etc/openzap/openzap.conf:

[span zt]

name => OpenZAP

number => 1

trunk_type => t1

b-channel => 1-24

[span zt]

name => OpenZAP

number => 2

trunk_type => t1

b-channel => 25-48

[span zt]

name => OpenZAP

number => 3

trunk_type => t1

b-channel => 49-72

[span zt]

name => OpenZAP

number => 4

trunk_type => t1

b-channel => 73-95

d-channel => 96

openzap.conf.xml:

<configuration name="openzap.conf" description="OpenZAP Configuration">

   <settings>

     <param name="debug" value="1"/>

   </settings>

   <analog_spans>