[Freeswitch-users] send voicemail with shell script

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Fri Sep 30 20:07:49 UTC 2022

On Friday 30 September 2022 at 22:01:20, Sean Devoy via FreeSWITCH-users
wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. But, I do NOT want sendmail. I want it to run my
> script and provide the number called, the wav file and the mail-to address
> from the config. I cannot get it to call any script.

Have you tried:

<param name="mailer-app" value="/usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/emailwav.sh"/>
<param name="mailer-app-args" value="whatever you want the script to see"/>

In other words, specify the "app" as the script name, and the "args" as the
parameters you want to pass it.

This assumes that your script is executable by the freeswitch user and
contains "#!/bin/bash" as the first line.

Antony.

--
"How I managed so long without this book baffles the mind."

 - Richard Stoakley, Group Program Manager, Microsoft Corporation,
   referring to "The Art of Project Management", O'Reilly press

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.