[Freeswitch-users] Correct syntax for sending out an SMS message trough external SIP provider

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Wed Sep 14 13:27:23 UTC 2022

Hello everybody,

I am trying to use chat sip to sent an SMS message but I can not get the
command to work.

# fs_cli -x "sofia status" | grep REGED
external::speakup-powercraft	gateway
sip:powercraft at alg.sip.speakup.nl	REGED

If I would call the number it would look like this:

sofia_glue.c:1654 sofia/external/316xxxxxxxx sending invite version:
1.10.7 -release-19-883d2cb662 64bit

fs_cli -x "chat
sip|noreply at mydomain|external/sip:+316xxxxxxxx at speakup-gateway|Hello"

What would be the syntax to sent out a SMS from 3161218xxxx to
3161234xxxx (both numbers are registered at the external gateway).

Is this possible with the above or am I mislead, can someone give me an
example?

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_sms

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_dptools%3A+chat

Kind regards,