[Freeswitch-users] Lua access to ESL

Bote Man botelist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 20:11:25 UTC 2022

I don't know how the packages handle it, but I'm guessing they don't provide the necessary ESL libraries for each and every language.

Even when you build from source you still must explicitly visit the directory containing the desired ESL language and run "make" from there, then it compiles and installs it for you. It's not intuitive, but it is documented well enough for perl (because that's what I used and fleshed out the wiki page for it). It should be the same for other languages.

Here's the ESL installation wiki instructions
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Event+Socket+Library#EventSocketLibrary-Installation

It says there were packages for ancient Debian, so I would assume they have been kept up to date.

John Boteler
Bote Communications