[Freeswitch-users] fs_cli not starting on fresh installation on Debian

Rajesh Kanade****CTR rajesh at onextel.tech
Mon Mar 7 14:05:57 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I have installed the FreeSWITCH version: 1.10.7-release-19-883d2cb662~64bit
(-release-19-883d2cb662 64bit) on Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) version.

'service freeswitch status' command shows freeswitch as running.

When I run fs_cli command from the server itself ( connecting to 127.0.0.1)
I get the following error ->
[ERROR] fs_cli.c:1691 main() Error Connecting []

I have tried manually creating fs_cli.conf as suggested on the net but it
did not help. I read a few places that this could be because IPv4 is
disabled by default on debian but did not have any instructions how I could
fix this.

I am a newbie to FS so any help would be appreciated.