[Freeswitch-users] Lua access to ESL

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Fri Mar 4 12:42:55 UTC 2022

On Friday 04 March 2022 at 12:37:35, Alex Lake wrote:

> Using a freeswitch build from a package and want to access esl from a
> lua script. Is this possible?

Yes, depending on who packaged it for you.  Which Linux distribution do you
use?

> FreeSWITCH Version 1.10.7-release-19-883d2cb662~64bit

In summary, you can use ESL from anything which can talk over a network socket
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Event+Socket+Library

For Lua I believe
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Lua+API+Reference
is what you need, although
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_lua
may be useful as well.

Antony.

--
I don't know, maybe if we all waited then cosmic rays would write all our
software for us. Of course it might take a while.

 - Ron Minnich, Los Alamos National Laboratory

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.