PCAP help and many call failures PLEASE HELP

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Tue Feb 22 16:56:15 UTC 2022

Hi,
This is a very serious problem for my users AT this site. PLEASE help.

I suspect it is a NAT issue reaching the extension. I have tried <variable name="sip-force-contact" value="NDLB-connectile-dysfunction"/> with no change.
I have tried TCP instead of UDP.

Details of the problem:
User extension initiates a call (INVITE after auth required).
User hears ringing for approximately 20 seconds, then a busy signal. Today a user called her own cell phone and said it WAS ringing when the call failed.
I see some RTP packets between 183 session progress from FS to extension and CANCEL, but can't tell what extension hey are to/from.
I see a very single strange RTP from FS to itself: unknown RTP protocol version 3.
The call CANCEL is initiated from FreeSwitch at 22.75 seconds after the invite to FS.

PCAP issue:
I am trying to trace down a problem with tshark.
The short version of my question is how do I tell which NAT extension RTP packets are going to and why did FS cancel the call?

The full explanation is:
I have identified the failed call based on the INVITE from the NAT extension's IP and PORT number.  I am able to follow the SIP packets is OK.  I see RTP packets to and from that IP address, but I cannot determine what extension it is going to.

I also see an ICMP from the FSserver to the extension's external IP aftern the CANCEL. We block ICMP.  Is that a problem?

I have the full pcap file if someone could PLEASE help
Pcacp file: http://brianbunce.com/capturefile.pcap  (11 MB) It is a customer site, be kind.
The invite from the ext is packet# 2334.  The invite to the GW is packet# 2357. That will show you all IPs involved.

Thanks for any help,
Sean