[Freeswitch-users] Python Development

Joli Martinez mrjoli021 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:29:08 UTC 2022

Hello,

I have written some scripts in Lua for freeswitch, but I would like to
switch over to Python since I am more familiar with the language. I am not
sure how to install the freeswitch module. I would be running Debian 10 or
11. I see that there are examples online but they all require importing
freeswitch. When I run pip, all the available pip packages with the word
Freeswitch is ESL or Eventsocket. When researching the ESL setup is
different. So I am sort of confused. Could someone point me in the right
direction as to how to install the correct packages and a sample "Hello
World" script. I should be able to take it from there.