[Freeswitch-users] Developers / packagers here?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Thu Nov 4 09:47:06 UTC 2021

On Wednesday 03 November 2021 at 22:00:14, Mike Jerris wrote:

> It’s a module abandoned 7-8 years ago in the contrib repo that we have
> never maintained and has never been part of the FS packaging.  We
> generally don’t package unmaintained code but you are welcome to use it if
> you choose and it still works.  The db layers have gone through some
> evolution since then, what exactly are you trying to accomplish, it may
> already be available elsewhere.

I have a few use cases:

1. Inbound calls come in to a DDI range I have, and need to be forwarded on to
users' mobile phones.  This list of DDI --> mobile number mappings is fairly
large, and maintained externally to the telephony platform, therefore I want
to do a dynamic lookup of the DDI to find out which mobile number to forward a
call on to.

2. Users dialling out have different destinations they're allowed to call, and
again the details about who is allowed to call where are maintained by people
nothing to do with operating the telephony platform, so I want to do a
database lookup of each user as they place a call to see whether the
destination they're dialling is in their allowed list.

3. Outbound providers charge us for placing calls to different destinations,
and the prices change (typically monthly, but sometimes more often), and I
need to do accurate live per-call accounting to keep track of users' and
groups' spend levels.

I've done all the above in Asterisk using its ODBC connectivity, so I'm
looking for the best way to execute arbitrary SQL statements in a FreeSwitch
dialplan.

--
"640 kilobytes (of RAM) should be enough for anybody."

 - Bill Gates

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.