[Freeswitch-users] play sound file before hangup for non-ip phone ring group

John.Nowlin at tresta.com John.Nowlin at tresta.com
Tue Sep 6 19:34:04 MSD 2016

I have been given the following acceptance criteria. I do not see a hook in freeswitch that will let me accomplish this...

As a user who is receiving a user group call
I want to hear a notification when another user accepts the call or the caller is transferred to voicemail
So that I can understand why I was unable to speak to the caller.
Acceptance Criteria:
§  When multiple users answer a call, the system will play a prompt to each user instructing them to press 1 to accept the call.
§  When one of the users presses 1 and accepts the call, other users will hear a prompt "Sorry, this call has been answered by another group member and is no longer available to accept. " and then the calls to other users will hang up.
§  When the caller is transferred to voicemail because none of the users have accepted the call, then the users will hear a prompt indicating "Sorry, this call has been transferred to voicemail and is no longer available to accept."

I have tried setHangupHook in a lua script, but that appears to be too late.

Is there another hook that I am missing?

john nowlin
Senior Software Developer

Tresta
office: 850.383.7756