[Freeswitch-users] Eavesdrop to existing UUID

Allan Kristensen ak at hejdu.dk
Wed Jun 3 17:21:06 MSD 2015

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to eavesdrop from an existing channel
instead of using "originate <dialstr> &eavesdrop(uuid)" method?

Let's say I have 20 agents talking to our clients and as I supervisor I
want to listen to these calls and perhaps coach agents by activating the
"speak with uuid" feature available in eavesdrop.

Today I need to make a new call (originate) if I want to start
eavesdropping, so supervisor has to disconnect phone and make another call
to jump to next agent (using the "*" DTMF is not possible and I also want
to control this using ESL).

What i'm doing today using the ESL:

> originate <agent dial string> &park
> originate <client dial string> &park
> uuid_bridge <agent_chan_uuid> <client_chan_uuid>

..."Agent and client talks"...

Now supervisor/coach wants to give agents some tips:

> originate <supervisor dial string> &eavesdrop(<agent_chan_uuid>)

"Supervisor can now listen and talk to agent by pressing the "2" DTMF

If supervisor needs to help another agent, he/she now needs to disconnect
call and do another originate, which is quite tedious.
If it was somehow possible, I rather do this:

> originate <supervisor dial str> &park
> "send api cmd to api that eavesdrop <client_chan_uuid> from
<supervisor_chan_uuid>"

...and when done, quickly move to another client by issusing another
command without disconnecting the call, perhaps even use the same
<supervisor_chan_uuid> to listen to a recorded call.

Does it makes sense? :)

What approach would you recommend ?

Thank you...

Best Regards,