[Freeswitch-users] Eavesdrop to existing UUID

Tony Bourdeaux tony at intelecenter.com
Wed Jun 3 17:54:54 MSD 2015

Allan-

this example below allows you to call to an extension and when finished
eavesdropping on one channel press * to move to another- the extension will
ask again what extension to monitor (you can uncomment the lines if you
want to read back to the caller what extension they entered):

<extension name="custom-eavesdrop">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^\*8(\d{4})$">
    <action application="answer"/>
    <!-- <action application="playback"
data="$${base_dir}/sounds/en/us/callie/ivr/8000/ivr-you_entered.wav"/> -->
    <!-- spell out called number, like "one-two-three-four-five" -->
    <!-- <action application="say" data="en name_spelled iterated $1"/> -->
    <action application="set" data="eavesdrop_enable_dtmf=true"/>
    <action application="eavesdrop"
data="${hash(select/${domain_name}-spymap/$1$2)}"/>

    <!--<action application="sleep" data="500"/>-->
    <action application="play_and_get_digits" data="4 4 3 5000 #
$${base_dir}/sounds/en/us/callie/ivr/8000/ivr-enter_ext.wav
$${base_dir}/sounds/en/us/callie/ivr/8000/ivr-invalid_extension_try_again.wav
my_digits \d+"/>
    <action application='transfer' data='*8${my_digits} XML default'/>
    <action application="say" data="en name_spelled iterated $1"/>
    <action application="playback"
data="$${base_dir}/sounds/en/us/callie/voicemail/8000/vm-not_available.wav"/>
  </condition>
</extension>

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 6:21 AM, Allan Kristensen <ak at hejdu.dk> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Can anyone tell me if it's possible to eavesdrop from an existing channel
> instead of using "originate <dialstr> &eavesdrop(uuid)" method?
>
> Let's say I have 20 agents talking to our clients and as I supervisor I
> want to listen to these calls and perhaps coach agents by activating the
> "speak with uuid" feature available in eavesdrop.
>
> Today I need to make a new call (originate) if I want to start
> eavesdropping, so supervisor has to disconnect phone and make another call
> to jump to next agent (using the "*" DTMF is not possible and I also want
> to control this using ESL).
>
> What i'm doing today using the ESL:
>
> > originate <agent dial string> &park
> > originate <client dial string> &park
> > uuid_bridge <agent_chan_uuid> <client_chan_uuid>
>
> ..."Agent and client talks"...
>
> Now supervisor/coach wants to give agents some tips:
>
> > originate <supervisor dial string> &eavesdrop(<agent_chan_uuid>)
>
> "Supervisor can now listen and talk to agent by pressing the "2" DTMF
>
> If supervisor needs to help another agent, he/she now needs to disconnect
> call and do another originate, which is quite tedious.
> If it was somehow possible, I rather do this:
>
> > originate <supervisor dial str> &park
> > "send api cmd to api that eavesdrop <client_chan_uuid> from
> <supervisor_chan_uuid>"
>
> ...and when done, quickly move to another client by issusing another
> command without disconnecting the call, perhaps even use the same
> <supervisor_chan_uuid> to listen to a recorded call.
>
> Does it makes sense? :)
>
> What approach would you recommend ?
>
> Thank you...
>
> Best Regards,
>   Allan

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Tony Bourdeaux

*Intelecenter, LLC*

ph: 805-428-3031

Skype: tony.bourdeaux

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and
may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify me by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
attachments."