[Freeswitch-users] Dialplan detect user on call

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Thu May 29 19:20:37 MSD 2014

Hi,

I have an issue that is the result of Cisco shortsightedness.  The Cisco SPA5xx phones support auto-answer.  However, if the user is on the phone, the caller is slammed on hold and the auto-answer picks up.  The person on hold is left wondering why they got thrown away with no warning. At a minimum, Cisco should allow you to select which behavior you want.

Anyway, how can I detect (in an XML dialplan) if the extension is currently on a call?  For those that don't know me, I have limited scripting skills.  Can a script be used to detect this and return a value to a dialplan condition?

Thanks,
Sean