[Freeswitch-users] A few questions regarding mod_skypopen

ThunderZ thunderz2008 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 15:13:51 MSD 2014

On 13/05/2014 1:37 AM, Giovanni Maruzzelli wrote:

> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:53 PM, ThunderZ <thunderz2008 at gmail.com
> <mailto:thunderz2008 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     HI, Govanni
>
>     Thank you for your reply.
>
>>     Hi ThunderZ (what a name! :) )
>>
>>     1) the logic underlying is: you expect to have 16 lines at your
>>     disposal, you planned your business on this, so if you don't have
>>     it I don't work, so you repair the error, or change your
>>     assumptions. I find this logic sound
>>

>     I would disagree.
>
>     Let's say you have a VOIP gateway with 4xE1s.  One E1 is playing
>     up, an there are 60 calls going on the other E1s.  In order to fix
>     that E1, I don't think anyone would want to force the whole system
>     down,  and cut all those existing calls.
>

> The problem we're talking about here is if in a system with two E1
> cards, one (or both) is broken at system startup.
> If you can gather enough support in mailing list for a different
> behavior (eg: starting the module also if not all - and possibly none
> - skype interfaces are working) I can modify it. At this moment, seems
> to me the current behavior is sound.

What we want to have is a fully automated process.  Say someone insert a
new skype id remotely, and wish to add this as a new skype channel.  The
automated process will grab the authentication information, create a
startup script for it, then load the new skype interface.   Now, if
during the skype login for this new user, it got a "P2P connect error"
as I mentioned, then all the existing skype interfaces will stop working
too.

IF you could possibly offer a configuration parameter for it, that'll be
greatly appreciated.

>>     2) I don't understand this. Can you elaborate, and tell me the
>>     steps to reproduce the problem?
>
>     Basically, I just add a new interface to skypopen.conf.xml, then
>     run "sk reload" via fs_cli.  I see all the configs of the existing
>     interfaces show up, but nothing on the new interface.
>

> Sorry I continue to not understand. Let's say you have 10 interfaces,
> skype001 to skype010 in your config file. You add a skype011 interface
> to the file and that interface is ignored by "sk_reload", while is
> working with a "reload mod_skypopen" ?

Yes, that's exactly the problem I got.  "reload mod_skyopen" will load
the new interface, but "sk_reload" doesn't.

>>     3) the skype client must be connected to the skype network (eg:
>>     authenticated) before the start of mod_skypopen. Because of this
>>     there is a delay in the start_skype_clients script between the
>>     launch of the skype clients and the launch of mod_skypopen. The
>>     first time a skype client starts with a specific skype_username,
>>     after being connected to the skype network it builds files into
>>     its config_directory that will greatly expedite future
>>     connections of that skype_client with that skypename to the skype
>>     network.
>
>     Please note that the error I mentioned isn't related to
>     mod_skyopen module itself.  It's the starting of a skype instance
>     in a Xvfb server.  From my experiences, it could take up to 3
>     minutes for a skype user to login to the skype network on linux
>     via Xvfb, and this not only applies to the first time login
>     either.   When this error happens, the skype user cannot login to
>     the network even after such a long delay, and just returns "P2P
>     connect failed" at the end (Tried this 5 times with a skype user
>     with the same result).  The funny thing is, it only happens with
>     the Xvfb server.  When I used a real Xserver, with GUI to log in
>     to skype, it would work fine.   Thereafter, it works ok with Xvfb
>     server too, as probably the "good" settings are stored in the
>     skype configuration directory by now.
>

> Yes, what you just wrote is what I was trying to convey, "probably the
> "good" settings are stored in the skype configuration directory by now"

Yes.  This means that maybe your default skype configuration template
may require some minor adjustments?

Thanks.