[Freeswitch-users] A few questions regarding mod_skypopen

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Mon May 12 19:37:40 MSD 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:53 PM, ThunderZ <thunderz2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  HI, Govanni
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
>    Hi ThunderZ (what a name! :) )
>
>  1) the logic underlying is: you expect to have 16 lines at your disposal,
> you planned your business on this, so if you don't have it I don't work, so
> you repair the error, or change your assumptions. I find this logic sound
>

> I would disagree.
>
> Let's say you have a VOIP gateway with 4xE1s.  One E1 is playing up, an
> there are 60 calls going on the other E1s.  In order to fix that E1, I
> don't think anyone would want to force the whole system down,  and cut all
> those existing calls.

The problem we're talking about here is if in a system with two E1 cards,
one (or both) is broken at system startup.
If you can gather enough support in mailing list for a different behavior
(eg: starting the module also if not all - and possibly none - skype
interfaces are working) I can modify it. At this moment, seems to me the
current behavior is sound.

>  2) I don't understand this. Can you elaborate, and tell me the steps to
> reproduce the problem?
>

> Basically, I just add a new interface to skypopen.conf.xml, then run "sk
> reload" via fs_cli.  I see all the configs of the existing interfaces show
> up, but nothing on the new interface.

Sorry I continue to not understand. Let's say you have 10 interfaces,
skype001 to skype010 in your config file. You add a skype011 interface to
the file and that interface is ignored by "sk_reload", while is working
with a "reload mod_skypopen" ?

>  3) the skype client must be connected to the skype network (eg:
> authenticated) before the start of mod_skypopen. Because of this there is a
> delay in the start_skype_clients script between the launch of the skype
> clients and the launch of mod_skypopen. The first time a skype client
> starts with a specific skype_username, after being connected to the skype
> network it builds files into its config_directory that will greatly
> expedite future connections of that skype_client with that skypename to the
> skype network.
>

> Please note that the error I mentioned isn't related to mod_skyopen module
> itself.  It's the starting of a skype instance in a Xvfb server.  From my
> experiences, it could take up to 3 minutes for a skype user to login to the
> skype network on linux via Xvfb, and this not only applies to the first
> time login either.   When this error happens, the skype user cannot login
> to the network even after such a long delay, and just returns "P2P connect
> failed" at the end (Tried this 5 times with a skype user with the same
> result).  The funny thing is, it only happens with the Xvfb server.  When I
> used a real Xserver, with GUI to log in to skype, it would work fine.
> Thereafter, it works ok with Xvfb server too, as probably the "good"
> settings are stored in the skype configuration directory by now.

Yes, what you just wrote is what I was trying to convey, "probably the
"good" settings are stored in the skype configuration directory by now"

-giovanni