[Freeswitch-users] A few questions regarding mod_skypopen

ThunderZ thunderz2008 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 18:53:28 MSD 2014

HI, Govanni

Thank you for your reply.

> Hi ThunderZ (what a name! :) )
>
> 1) the logic underlying is: you expect to have 16 lines at your
> disposal, you planned your business on this, so if you don't have it I
> don't work, so you repair the error, or change your assumptions. I
> find this logic sound

I would disagree.

Let's say you have a VOIP gateway with 4xE1s.  One E1 is playing up, an
there are 60 calls going on the other E1s.  In order to fix that E1, I
don't think anyone would want to force the whole system down, and cut
all those existing calls.

> 2) I don't understand this. Can you elaborate, and tell me the steps
> to reproduce the problem?

Basically, I just add a new interface to skypopen.conf.xml, then run "sk
reload" via fs_cli.  I see all the configs of the existing interfaces
show up, but nothing on the new interface.

> 3) the skype client must be connected to the skype network (eg:
> authenticated) before the start of mod_skypopen. Because of this there
> is a delay in the start_skype_clients script between the launch of the
> skype clients and the launch of mod_skypopen. The first time a skype
> client starts with a specific skype_username, after being connected to
> the skype network it builds files into its config_directory that will
> greatly expedite future connections of that skype_client with that
> skypename to the skype network.

Please note that the error I mentioned isn't related to mod_skyopen
module itself.  It's the starting of a skype instance in a Xvfb server.
>From my experiences, it could take up to 3 minutes for a skype user to
login to the skype network on linux via Xvfb, and this not only applies
to the first time login either.   When this error happens, the skype
user cannot login to the network even after such a long delay, and just
returns "P2P connect failed" at the end (Tried this 5 times with a skype
user with the same result).  The funny thing is, it only happens with
the Xvfb server.  When I used a real Xserver, with GUI to log in to
skype, it would work fine. Thereafter, it works ok with Xvfb server too,
as probably the "good" settings are stored in the skype configuration
directory by now.

Thanks.