[Freeswitch-users] recommendations for Wifi SIP phones?

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Wed Oct 16 01:43:17 MSD 2013

I have linphone working quite well with a WIFI connection - the detail is you have to limit other
computers accessing the same AP at the same time.

The interesting development is 802.11ac with MU-MIMO - I don't have hardware to test with, but
MU-MIMO apparently fixes the VoIP wifi problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-user_MIMO

Also - 802.11ac should do good beam-forming with devices that support it.

http://chimera.labs.oreilly.com/books/1234000001739/ch04.html

There is also work on UWB and wavelet radio that if allowed at enough power could do some amazing
things.

There is a link to a working server that would show the details - but the administration wants to
jerk the public around for political purposes and has it redirected to a nag page.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-02-48A1.pdf
... but you can see it here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20111016141207/http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-02-48A1.pdf

I first learned of wavelet radio in 1984 from a Russian engineer - our government did everything it
could to prevent it's use and development. (It is difficult to intercept or jam such signals ) - if
we lived in a sane world wifi would be based on this and be much more advanced than it is now.  The
current regulation limit the power and usefulness to limit competition to protect particular
companies. In spite of these roadblocks wifi and UWB has slowly developed..

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher.
--Flannery O'Connor