[Freeswitch-users] recommendations for Wifi SIP phones?

EL fs.user at fordior.net
Wed Oct 16 00:41:41 MSD 2013

> > On Siemens Gigaset DECT phones the max is G7221 (HD
> > 16000Hz). Also, I experienced trouble calling with my baresip client to
> > Siemens Gigaset handsets using the G7221 codecs. I'm not sure which end
> > is causing the trouble (baresip or Siemens Gigaset DECT handset). The
> > weird thing is that I'm hearing the voice from the Siemens side really
> > good, but the Siemens side complains they are hearing my voice in slower
> > motion. This appeared to happen in two different cases...

First of all, I have to correct one typo: Siemens supports G722 not G7221.

> > Someone has an idea what could cause this issue or is having the same
> > experience?

> Most prolly ptime mismatch on the codec side. Transcode it or hardset it.

I have looked at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org/msg21052.html

And:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_sip_codec_negotiation

<action application="set" data="sip_codec_negotiation=scrooge"/>

Is that what you meant with setting the ptime or should I use another
setting?

Thanks for your input.
--
EL