[Freeswitch-users] How to properly use the "skinny-wait" target

Nathan Neulinger nneul at mst.edu
Wed Mar 20 20:16:00 MSK 2013

Looking at being able to handle a variable length dial pattern with a cisco phone (for international numbers).

With a SIP phone, it's easy since the digits don't get sent incrementally, but with the SCCP phones, it seems like I get
the digits one at a time, even if I dial them all and then lift the handset or press new call. This makes it so that a
longer dial pattern will never match if a shorter one does.

If I change the 'continue' in the skinny-wait action to false, or remove it - it never stops waiting for another digit.

Worst case scenario - I could eliminate support for variable length dialing, and require a "#" at the end for
international calls from the skinny phones, but is there a better way to accomplish this?

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       nneul at mst.edu
Missouri S&T Information Technology    (573) 612-1412
System Administrator - Architect