[Freeswitch-users] transfering caller to another context without hanging up on bridge

Michel Brabants michel.brabants at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 00:55:03 MSK 2013

Hello,

I want to implement extra actions ont he first leg. In my case send  a
notify-event "talk" to the second leg, but I want to make this more
flexible so that the source code doesn't has to be changed each time.

I changed 1 line in sofia.c that handles the notify-talk-event, so that
when the option "3PCC_PROXY" has been set, freeswitch doesn't immediately
answer the first leg, but that the logic can be handled in the
auto_answer-context/extension. However, I noticed that just removing the
answer isn't enough as the transfer in switch_ivr_transfer.c also hangs up
the second leg which is in the ringing state, which is certainly not what I
would like to do.

So, I'm searching for a kind of background-action that I can execute on
receiving the notify-talk that doesn't cancel the second leg. But I would
like to keep it customisable, so I would like to handle any further actions
in the dialplan, if possible, like the auto_answer-extension currently does.

In other words, I would like to make the actions taken on the
notfy-talk-event customisable, but in a simple way, so that persons don't
have to mess with real code and that it will hopefully be accepted
upstream. There are real use-cases for this (we're implementing one ...),
certainly when one has set the 3PCC_PROXY-option where notifies of this
kind are being used to answer the call and to also put the call on-hold
(next step to investigate).

Kind regards,

Michel