[Freeswitch-users] How to properly use the "skinny-wait" target

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Wed Mar 20 21:26:46 MSK 2013

I vaguely recall that you can respond address incomplete in the dialplan too, but you want to keep this to a minimum as it makes a dialplan lookup with every keypress after it starts matching the regex in mod_skinny.  I generally like to make extensions that don't ever overlap local dialing patterns so you never have this issue.  For example, in the US, 1 is the country code, and 0 is used for some other special dialing.  Because of this I never have extensions start with 0 or 1.  Also avoid extensions that overlap with 3 digit special numbers, such as an extension on 9113 is not a good idea.  When doing 4 digit extensions, i try to use 2xxx,3xxx,5xxx,6xxx,7xxx or 8xxx ranges.

Mike