[Freeswitch-users] [video-media-bug] How to make and load the mod_mp4v2 and mod_fsv modules?

K K kkgp20 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 18:36:17 MSK 2013

Hello,

My aim is to record the video from both UAC during a video SIP call. I have
checkout the "video-media-bug" branch, because as far as I know there is
the source code of the mod_mp4v2 and mod_fsv which can record the video
during the communication. I would like to view the recorded video later by
some external player, so I guess I should focus on the mod_mp4v2, because
the *.fsv is just internal FreeSWITCH format. I am compiling on Windows
using the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express.

I have firstly compiled the mod_fsv project and replaced the mod_fsv.dll in
my FreeSWITCH instalation (1.1.13b). But after running FreeSWITCH I receive
the error message box "This application has failed to start because
MSVCR100D.dll was not found" and in the console I get the "dll open error"
for mod_fsv. Reinstalling the "Visual Studio 2010 C++ Redistributable"
package did not help. So I guess the such simple replacement is not working
and I will need to compile the whole FreeSWITCH to check how the mod_fsv
from "video-media-bug" branch works?

So next I have started focus on the mod_mp4v2, but I was not able to find
the project file for this module. This module is placed in the
"C:\FS_GIT\src\mod\formats" directory, on the Wiki page I have found that
it requires the mp4v2 2.0.0 code to be copied into that directory, but
still I do not see what project should I compile to obtain the
mod_mp4v2.dll for FreeSWITCH? Thank you for any ideas and help.