[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Message Bus / Shared Key Value Store

Eliot Gable egable+freeswitch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 01:51:45 MSK 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Roger Castaldo <roger.castaldo at gmail.com>wrote:

> This is just my two cents but could we not use snmp as a basis for
> something like this since it would allow monitoring eternally using ones
> own systems, or allow each FreeSWITCH server to monitor the other servers
> over snmp.  At least I think it could be an option to explore anyways.

SNMP is not intended as an HA solution. It is slow, and unwieldy to use.
Fail over time using SNMP would be measured in minutes. We are going for
sub-second fail over. SNMP is really only intended for external monitoring.
SNMP also does not provide a solution for the vast majority of issues which
an HA solution must cover.