[Freeswitch-users] Passing the original caller-id after a call is transferred

Ravi K ravik0568 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 04:04:16 MSK 2013

I am using Freeswitch with Cisco phones(mode 303) and have the following
setup:

User 1001 is calling user 1002, user 1002 does a blind/supervised transfer
to 1003, but user 1003 see the caller-id of 1002. I am trying to get the
caller-id of 1001 on 1003.

I have gone through the earlier posts related to this topic and tried the
following suggestions:

1. <action application="set"  data="ignore_display_updates=true"/>

I configured this before bridging the call, but did not work.

2. <param name="caller-id-in-from" value="true"/>

and set <action inline="true" application="export"
data="effective_caller_id_number=${caller_id_number}"
but this did not work either

3. I see a message from Anthony: "use set_profile_var on the inbound leg to
set caller_id_name". What variable do I assign to caller_id_name.

I am new to FS and most surely asking a dumb question. So I greatly
appreciate if any helpful souls can point me in the right direction. I will
update the wiki for sure.

Thanks
Ravi