[Freeswitch-users] freetdm rxgain txgain

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 17:27:19 MSD 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Karl Schmidt <karl at xtronics.com> wrote:

> On 08/15/2013 04:59 AM, Nandy Dagondon wrote:
> > Hi Karl,
> >
> > Did you test the milliwatt tone using the FXS port? I asked because you
> said it's not sending the
> > ringing signal. Do you mean the phones did not ring. The Digium cards
> require a separate power
> > supply feed. Without it - it can't generate the 100V ringing voltage.
> This is very obvious but let's
> > not discounting this possibility. :-)
> >
> > /Nandy
>
> I used the tone on both fxo and fxs ports - the extra power connector is
> there - for some reason the
> gain settings in /etc/freeswitch/freetdm.conf don't seem to get applied.
>
> The key test is the output of
>   $ dahdi_diag
>
> I just ran it again while is active to see if it makes a difference.
>
> I looks like it wants to see settings in zt.conf
>
> Which config file should this be using - zt.conf or freetdm.conf ? I can
> find documentation that
> points to both?

freetdm.conf is mandatory, zt.conf is optional. The gain parameters
specified in freetdm.conf are common to all board manufacturers, the gains
are applied *after* reading from the driver and *before* writing to the
driver, so if you changed the gains in freetdm.conf, is no surprise DAHDI
debug logs did not indicate any gain change. The DAHDI drivers have their
own kernel-level gain adjustment. You will have problems if you're tweaking
gains at both the kernel level and the freetdm level (user space).

Post your freetdm.conf, freetdm.conf.xml, zt.conf, system.conf files using
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs#Using_The_Pastebin

Note you can tweak the gain live during the call using the fs_cli command
'ftdm gains'

-
Moy

*Moises Silva
**Manager, Software Engineering***

msilva at sangoma.com

Sangoma Technologies

100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham, ON L3R 9R6 Canada

t.   +1 800 388 2475 (N. America)

t.   +1 905 474 1990 x128

f.   +1 905 474 9223

**<http://www.sangoma.com/contact?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email+signatures>