[Freeswitch-users] freetdm rxgain txgain

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Sun Aug 18 04:43:27 MSD 2013

On 08/16/2013 08:27 AM, Moises Silva wrote:

> freetdm.conf is mandatory, zt.conf is optional. The gain parameters specified in freetdm.conf are
> common to all board manufacturers, the gains are applied *after* reading from the driver and
> *before* writing to the driver, so if you changed the gains in freetdm.conf, is no surprise DAHDI
> debug logs did not indicate any gain change.

This is not from a normal log - this is bumping the kernel driver to dump it's current settings into
/var/log/syslog

> The DAHDI drivers have their own kernel-level gain
> adjustment. You will have problems if you're tweaking gains at both the kernel level and the freetdm
> level (user space).

In other words, the zt.conf could override the freetdm.conf ?

I think this is due to overlapping documentation over the time of the evolution of the software.

I'm

> Post your freetdm.conf, freetdm.conf.xml, zt.conf, system.conf files using
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs#Using_The_Pastebin
>
> Note you can tweak the gain live during the call using the fs_cli command 'ftdm gains'

I also found there was yet another setup file that mattered:
/etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.conf

Looks like adding :
options wctdm24xxp Boostringer=1

Will bring the ring signal up to something that modern phone detect  (60Vrms) and you won't find
this setting in the manual.

Haven't tested it yet.

I'm also writing this up ( 7 conf files involved so far ) at

http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/Freetdm

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

The society that puts equality before freedom will
end up with neither. The society that puts freedom
before equality will end up with a great measure of both.
- Milton Freidman