[Freeswitch-users] Recommend an IP Phone for use behind NAT

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Feb 22 10:35:58 MSK 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Alan Schmitz <alan at ankeny.net> wrote:
> I am looking into changing my VOIP server to FreeSwitch.  My current
> system uses Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 phones.  The server has a public
> IP, but several of the phones are behind a variety of DSL routers that
> do NAT.  These remote users have reported intermittent problems with one
> way audio.
>
> What IP desk phone would you recommend for a remote user behind a NAT
> router with a dynamic IP?  I'm looking for something of comparable audio
> and build quality to the Polycoms I currently have.

We use Polycom phones with NAT and they work rather well --once you
get the FS and Polycom settings right. I'll have to check the settings
we're using.  I'll update this thread with that info tomorrow.

Email me directly if I forget. I've got enough cold meds in my blood
to kill a horse... I might wake up and not remember this conversation
:)

Best,
Gabe