[Freeswitch-users] Recommend an IP Phone for use behind NAT

Kerem Erciyes kerem.erciyes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 14:24:03 MSK 2012

I was researching a way around NATs for remote phones and came across
Grandstream phones that have an OpenVPN client so that you can traverse the
nat via VPN and the IP phones will be connected directly to your server. So
if you don't mind running OpenVPN Server as well you might give that a try.

I am thinking about buying a few and trying them out in the next couple of
weeks, so I'll post my experiences when I'm done.

In the mean time, if you have experience with Grandstream do chime in
before I buy them :)

Kerem

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Alan Schmitz <alan at ankeny.net> wrote:
> > I am looking into changing my VOIP server to FreeSwitch.  My current
> > system uses Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 phones.  The server has a public
> > IP, but several of the phones are behind a variety of DSL routers that
> > do NAT.  These remote users have reported intermittent problems with one
> > way audio.
> >
> > What IP desk phone would you recommend for a remote user behind a NAT
> > router with a dynamic IP?  I'm looking for something of comparable audio
> > and build quality to the Polycoms I currently have.
>
> We use Polycom phones with NAT and they work rather well --once you
> get the FS and Polycom settings right. I'll have to check the settings
> we're using.  I'll update this thread with that info tomorrow.
>
> Email me directly if I forget. I've got enough cold meds in my blood
> to kill a horse... I might wake up and not remember this conversation
> :)
>

> Best,
> Gabe

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org