[Freeswitch-users] There is no voice in Two party call

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Oct 11 03:30:28 MSD 2011

Most likely this is a network configuration issue. The best thing to do
would be to get a hold of someone who knows basic network configuration and
debugging. Typically, the kinds of things that will cause no-way or one-way
audio are firewalls and NAT devices.

The best way to make sure that you have a working server is to set up
FreeSWITCH on a server and then connect to it from one or two other phones
that are also on the same LAN. That helps to bypass firewall/NAT issues.

Also, if you are using xlite on Windows machines you will need to open up
various ports on the Windows firewall. (For testing you can even disable the
firewall, make a test call, then re-enable the firewall.) The FS wiki
Firewall page has some specific information:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Firewall

Hope this helps!

-Michael