[Freeswitch-users] Event-lock, sync/async on outbound ESL and execute() tagging question

Dmitry Sytchev kbdfck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 10:51:22 MSK 2011

Hi All

I'm trying to understand setEventLock and setAsyncExecute parameters on
outbound ESL socket. My aim is to have ability to choose execution method of
freeswitch dialplan command via execute(). I'm using async full, but I want
to use sync mode for some applications for which I don't want to receive
events, for example. Is there a way to run application in sync mode and just
get return value, and discard its events?

I want this because If later I will run some app in async mode, I'll get
previous events like 'CHANNEL_EXECUTE_COMPLETE' and so on. Another approach
is to have ability to mark calls to execute or API with some tag to
distinguish between events from previous execute() or api() calls, like with
BGAPI job id. What can be done to achieve this?

Or maybe I should just process all events by myself if I use async?

And finally, could anybody explain the Event-Lock / AsyncExecute difference?
Seems I can't really understand the wiki notes about that.

--
Best regards,

Dmitry Sytchev,
IT Engineer