[Freeswitch-users] Cross-compiling Freeswitch

Harish Prabhu harishjprabhu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:54:34 MSK 2011

Hi All,

I need to install Freeswitch on an embedded system.
I use an Ubuntu machine for compilation.
The target binaries/shared libs have to be generated in a /tmp folder, but
in such a way that it would run at /usr/local/freeswitch on the target.
Is it possible to do this without any major changes to Freeswitch build
environment ?

I tried using --prefix=/tmp/abc and --exec-prefix=/usr/local/freeswitch as
options to configure but this does not work.
If I use /tmp/abc for both prefix and exec-prefix, I am forced to run
freeswitch from the /tmp/abc folder on the embedded system.

Regards,
Harish