[Freeswitch-users] UK ISDN outgoing CLI (was Re: FreeTDM - Sangoma B700 - ISDN connection questions - UK)

John freeswitch at earthspike.net
Thu Jul 7 11:37:54 MSD 2011

On 06/07/11 13:53, shouldbe q931 wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 7:43 PM, shouldbe q931<shouldbeq931 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 7:08 PM, John<freeswitch at earthspike.net>  wrote:
>>> Mike, Shouldbe,
>>>
>>> We now have CLIP on the line for sure, and I ordered COLP at the same time
>>> and am assured that that has been turned on as well, but I still cannot get
>>> outgoing CLI to work properly.  Mike, you mention setting the TON to
>>> 'national'; where is that setting?
>>>
>>> At the moment, my dialplan looks like http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/16548
>>> with .  An outgoing call gives the log 7 at
>>> http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/16549 (numbers have been changed to protect
>>> the innocent!) but the number that 01234 567890 sees on their Caller ID is
>>> not 876543 but the main number of the line (876540, say).  I have tried
>>> setting the outgoing_caller_id_number to 6, 10 and 11 digits, restarting FS
>>> after each change, but with no success.
>>>
>>> The service provider has only one clue to offer: "With regards to the
>>> configuration at the exchange, the line is set to 6 digits to switch." which
>>> makes eminent sense, and suggests that I should be presenting 6 digits.
>>> Incoming calls have a 6 digit called number and 10 digit calling number.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help so far.  Any other ideas?
>>>
>>> John
>>>

>> I don't have any experience with FS connecting over ISDN so can't help
>> you much further on the FS configuration:-(
>>
>> However on the lines, I would be very tempted to see if you can borrow
>> a BRI tester, or what I've frequently used in the past is an
>> Eicon/Dialogic card as the test functions (under windows) are nearly
>> as good, that might help you see if it _is_ a BT problem, or a FS
>> configuration issue. It would need a 2k/XP machine, but something like
>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EICON-DIVA-2-01-PCI-GRAPHICS-CARD-/270761571564
>> is what I have used in the past. I think I might have one of the
>> PCMCIA ones somewhere, but I'd need to test it still works
>>
>> I'm fairly sure that the "6 digits to switch" is what they are sending
>> to you, not what they are expecting from you. I can't access out
>> remaining BRI (Avaya) PBX from here, but on our PRI (again Avaya)
>> switches, we are sending 10 digits.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
> Apologies for the very long delay...
>
> On our PRI systems we are sending 10 digits (2071231234), and on the
> BRI system we are sending 11 digits (02071231234).
>
> Cheers
Thanks.  I have tried all of these digit options, along with setting the
TON and NPI, so I am now working through every possible option and tweak
with the supplier (including including codes to remove/reapply CPS).  I
am trying to avoid booking this as a fault, until I am sure I won't be
charged for a 'no fault found' but it is beginning to look unavoidable.
I am certainly building enough information for a good wiki page on this
when I finally get it cracked!  Incidentally, the Sangoma 'wanpipemon'
provides a useful PCAP mode which delivers the entire D-channel as a
wireshark PCAP file, so I am able to debug the Q.931 signalling down to
bit level.

John