[Freeswitch-users] UK ISDN outgoing CLI (was Re: FreeTDM - Sangoma B700 - ISDN connection questions - UK)

shouldbe q931 shouldbeq931 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 15:21:48 MSD 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 8:37 AM, John <freeswitch at earthspike.net> wrote:
> On 06/07/11 13:53, shouldbe q931 wrote:

>>> I don't have any experience with FS connecting over ISDN so can't help
>>> you much further on the FS configuration:-(
>>>
>>> However on the lines, I would be very tempted to see if you can borrow
>>> a BRI tester, or what I've frequently used in the past is an
>>> Eicon/Dialogic card as the test functions (under windows) are nearly
>>> as good, that might help you see if it _is_ a BT problem, or a FS
>>> configuration issue. It would need a 2k/XP machine, but something like
>>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EICON-DIVA-2-01-PCI-GRAPHICS-CARD-/270761571564
>>> is what I have used in the past. I think I might have one of the
>>> PCMCIA ones somewhere, but I'd need to test it still works
>>>
>>> I'm fairly sure that the "6 digits to switch" is what they are sending
>>> to you, not what they are expecting from you. I can't access out
>>> remaining BRI (Avaya) PBX from here, but on our PRI (again Avaya)
>>> switches, we are sending 10 digits.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>> Apologies for the very long delay...
>>
>> On our PRI systems we are sending 10 digits (2071231234), and on the
>> BRI system we are sending 11 digits (02071231234).
>>
>> Cheers
> Thanks.  I have tried all of these digit options, along with setting the
> TON and NPI, so I am now working through every possible option and tweak
> with the supplier (including including codes to remove/reapply CPS).  I
> am trying to avoid booking this as a fault, until I am sure I won't be
> charged for a 'no fault found' but it is beginning to look unavoidable.
> I am certainly building enough information for a good wiki page on this
> when I finally get it cracked!  Incidentally, the Sangoma 'wanpipemon'
> provides a useful PCAP mode which delivers the entire D-channel as a
> wireshark PCAP file, so I am able to debug the Q.931 signalling down to
> bit level.
>
> John

If you can see in the capture that you are sending the digits, and the
CLI is not being set, then open a fault with BT.

Alternatively, find a friendly "legacy" PBX maintainer that has a
trend/harrier, or take your FS box to somewhere that has some BRI
lines that are known to work with CLIP and COLP and try your FS box on
them...