[Freeswitch-users] FreeTDM Partial Spans?

Jeroen C. van Gelderen slim at thegreek.com
Fri Oct 1 14:01:31 PDT 2010

Hi Guys,

This might be a dumb question but I can't seem to find an answer by
Googling.

I have oodles of FXO ports configured on Xorcom Astribanks. On the Astribank
each set of 8 FXO ports forms a zaptel/openzap/freetdm span.

Now if a trunk consists of an integral multiple of 8 FXO ports it is easy to
just dial out on the first available channel:

<action application="bridge" data="freetdm/1/a/$1|freetdm/2/a/$1"/>

This grabs the first available channel out of 16 FXO ports.

But what is the "right" way to do it when I need to use 1.5 spans (i.e. 12
FXO ports)?

Is there such a thing as a virtual span that can be built out of individual
FXO ports?

I have a feeling I'm missing something rather obvious.

Thanks,
-Slim
--
Jeroen C. "Slim" van Gelderen