[Freeswitch-users] FreeTDM Partial Spans?

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 08:06:23 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Jeroen C. van Gelderen
<slim at thegreek.com> wrote:
> <action application="bridge" data="freetdm/1/a/$1|freetdm/2/a/$1"/>
>
> This grabs the first available channel out of 16 FXO ports.
>
> But what is the "right" way to do it when I need to use 1.5 spans (i.e. 12
> FXO ports)?
>
> Is there such a thing as a virtual span that can be built out of individual
> FXO ports?
>
> I have a feeling I'm missing something rather obvious.

You can create spans with channels from any other span (as long as the
signaling is the same).

[span zt xorcomSpan]
; channels from 1.5 trunks
fxo-channel => 1-12

Then dial:

<action application="bridge" data="freetdm/xorcomSpan/a/$1/>

You can also just define a group for those channels and use the group
for dialing.

[span zt xorcomTrunk1]
trunk_type => FXO
group => xorcomg1
fxo-channels => 1-8

[span zt xorcomTrunk2]
trunk_type => FXO
group => xorcomg1
fxo-channels => 9-12

Then dial using the group name.

<action application="bridge" data="freetdm/xorcomg1/a/$1/>

This means spans and groups are strings within the same name space (as
far as hunting is concerned), and you should not make them conflict.

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON
L3R 9R6 Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com