[Freeswitch-users] doublenat outgoing call issue

Bruce Hopkins jbrucehopkins at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 14:56:50 PST 2010

Hi Roly,

I promised I'd let you know when I got it working - so here it is:

As Brian said, doublenat is no longer needed.

It looks like I must have just been confusing things horribly by using
various things I'd read about, including:

 <variable name="sip-force-contact" value="NDLB-connectile-dysfunction"/>

<param name="aggressive-nat-detection" value="true"/>

These, and who knows what other mucking about I had been doing, must have
confused everything as none of this is now necessary.

All I did - after a reinstall - to get everything working through double
NATs is:

1.  In vars.xml

<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="external_rtp_ip=<my.fs.ext.ip>"/>

 <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="external_sip_ip=<my.fs.ext.ip>"/>

2.  Then in prefix/sip_profiles/internal.xml

<param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="$${external_rtp_ip}"/>

 <param name="ext-sip-ip" value="$${external_sip_ip)"/>

Then as the man says, it just works.

I decided not to enable options pings to keep the far-end NAT open to enable
calling the remote phone - instead I configured it to send keep-alives.

And that's it.  I can't believe the knots I was tying myself in.  It just
works !

cheers

Bruce