[Freeswitch-users] doublenat outgoing call issue

Bruce Hopkins jbrucehopkins at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 15:05:00 PST 2010

OK - I have put a Wireshark trace across the router between FS and the
internet, and it will not surprise you to hear that when I tried ot call
from LAN-->WAN, FS was sending packets to the private IP of the remote phone
(behind its own NAT).

So how to sort this?

I tried:

1. Commenting these out in the internal profile

<!--all inbound reg will look in this domain for the users -->
    <!--<param name="force-register-domain" value="$${domain}"/>-->
    <!--force the domain in subscriptions to this value -->
    <!--<param name="force-subscription-domain" value="$${domain}"/>-->
    <!--all inbound reg will stored in the db using this domain -->
    <!--<param name="force-register-db-domain" value="$${domain}"/>-->

2. then creating a n antry in the directory refering to the same default
group of extensions as the default.xml, but with:
<domain name="dns.aname.for.FS">

and in the variables:

 <variable name="sip-force-contact" value="NDLB-connectile-dysfunction"/>

which I hoped from what I read in the Wiki might do the trick vis a vis
forceing FS to send the SIP packets to the public IP of the remote phone.

Alas it does not seem to work, and even phoning in from the WAS -->LAN now I
see USER_NOT_REGISTERED errors .  I get the same error in both directions.

Please please please could somebody put me out of my (your ;-) ) misery here
....?

What do I configure to tell FS to send outbound INVITE's to the public IP
the remote phone registered from behind, rather than its private NAT'ed ip?

many thanks in advance.
Bruce