[Freeswitch-users] doublenat outgoing call issue

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Sat Mar 13 17:05:40 PST 2010

Its a common thing to try too hard.  I personally put in countless hours to make this stuff JUST work. ;)  Also if you're traversing the nat and you expect to talk to clients behind the nat and outside the nat on the same profile you will be required to prefix both ext-rtp-ip and ext-sip-ip with "autonat:<my.fs.ext.ip>" and make sure local-network-acl is set to localnet.auto... I think thats the one in the defaults too.  This gives FreeSWITCH the ability to dynamically lie to the client about which IP is which so that the same profile can talk to clients on either side of the nat.

/b