[Freeswitch-users] How to originate a new call from mod_managed?

Chris freeswitch at gilligan.id.au
Sat Mar 6 21:02:42 PST 2010

Hi,
I am trying to create a mod_managed API application that takes 2 phone
numbers as params.  These numbers should then be used to make 2 calls and to
bridge them. The issue i am having is working out how to place the first
call leg from in mod_managed.  All the methods i have found are for the
second leg and require you to pass in the first call leg.

I know there are easier way to do this out of the managed code but i want it
in the managed code as this is just a proof of concept to prove we can do a
callback like system via managed code to be hooked into other external
systems.
In wiki http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Session there is this example

s = new Session("{ignore_early_media=true}sofia/default/foo at bar.com");
while (s.ready()) {
// The call has been answered
}

This seems to be exactly what i am looking for but seems to be missing from
mod_managed. I am hoping someone can tell me how to do something similar in
mod_managed since even if it is not part of the managed code mod_managed is
meant to have the native access as well so i would assume it would be
possible.

Thanks in advance

Chris