[Freeswitch-users] event_socket outbound, trying to find out if a call gets put on hold by the phone

Luis F Urrea lfurrea at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 17:29:46 PST 2010

Hi guys,

I am fooling (for the moment) around with event socket outbound and
basically I want to control a call that is made to a particular extension
and find out if this extension puts the call on hold. At the moment I don't
even know if the hold part is possible but I am having a hard time bridging
the call to a user.

Currently what I do is to direct the call made to user/301 to an outbound
socket, then I answer the channel and park it. Then I originate a channel to
user/301 and park it and then I try to use uuid_bridge to bridge both
channels and it seems that both channels drop.

Am I doing it correctly?

I am sure there are better ways to do it and I wanted to get some input from
you guys.

Thx a lot