[Freeswitch-users] sip_profiles - Aliases Question

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil lawwton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 06:07:25 PST 2010

I am pretty sincere when I say "I appreciate the help", otherwise I
wouldn't say it. I don't think I've argued in any of my previous
statements and I've tried to be very polite when raising questions or
concerns. Disagreeing in a polite way doesn't necessarily mean that I
am 100% rejecting the idea and by the way it's not a bad thing to
disagree. No one said "You are wrong"; but "I disagree". There is a
difference there.

If you expect to put a system out there and new users that have used
other ones not to ask why this or that I think you'll keep running
into this with other people. No one is criticizing or putting down the
system here, on the contrary I am trying to simply find out how it
works so I can use it. But things like reloading configurations and
specific system details that are quite different when compared to
others (alias for instance which I am still not sure what would break
if removed) do require some asking if after reading the online
documentation and previous archived messages the reason is still not
clear.

So I am not sure how you expect people to ask questions or if this is
more a "this is what it is" take it or leave it dictatorship approach.
Not the paradigm followed in open source projects where collaboration,
asking and questioning is usually the  way to go.

Interestingly enough in this one case I DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR
RESPONSE. Now tell me if that doesn't sound sincere to you. In any
case I will continue to play with the system and possibly ask
questions as well.

Alfredo