[Freeswitch-users] Calls getting queued?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Jan 7 09:26:31 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 7:43 AM, Nicolas Brenner <nicolas at medularis.com>wrote:

> Hi, I'm having a strange problem with FS. I'm using a few JS scripts
> to generate calls and bridge them together. Usually everything works
> just fine, but them at some point it's like if FS choked, calls for
> the first leg of the bridges are apparently made, but the second leg
> is never called. The call is not hanged up for several minutes and the
> system keeps opening new channels but never connecting a call.
>
> For example, right now, doing 'show channels' on the console, I get a
> list of 72 open channels (it's adding up, it was 40 a couple minutes
> ago), but doing a 'show calls' gives me 0 active calls. The usual
> behavior, when everything's working fine, is to get twice as many
> channels as there are active calls and no channels at all when there
> are no calls, unless they haven't been bridged yet.
>
> The originate string is something like this:
>
> var stUsRing = "%(2000,4000,440,480)";
> var timeout = 45;
> originate_str1 = "{api_hangup_hook=jsapi::callback.js
> l1,execute_on_answer=lua answered.lua 1
>
> c2c_call,ignore_early_media=true,originate_timeout=90,hangup_after_bridge=false,ringback='"+stUsRing+"',medularis_uuid="+uuid+",c2c_call=true,api_call=true,leg=1}[leg_timeout="+timeout+"]"+dialstr1;
>
> Where diasltr1 has the phonenumber and and gateway info. The
> callback.js has a curl request to update some call info on an external
> database and answered.lua calls a ruby script through the os.execute()
> function (I know, I should be doing all this through the event socket,
> I was doing that but had trouble and had to come up with a quick
> solution).
>
> The system is not loaded at all, at least not for what I think and
> read that FS can handle. We are having at most 10 concurrent calls (20
> channels), with maybe 5 to 10 calls per minute.
>
> What worries me is not only that I don't know where the problem is,
> but that I have no clue how to debug it or send you guys more
> "lowlevel" and detailed information to give you an insight about
> what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Nico
>
> First off you'll want to get familiar with the resources mentioned here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs

It has good tips on how to collect and report information.

Second, I recommend that you pastebin your relevant portion of the dialplan
and the whole javascript program that you are using so that others can take
a look.

Last thing: if you restart FreeSWITCH does everything work fine for a while
but then eventually it breaks down and exhibits the behavior that you are
reporting?

-MC